Tuesday, March 4, 2014

MIOSM-Music in our Schools Month!

March is MIOSM, otherwise known as Music in our Schools Month! As an advocacy exercise the school district's band director and myself have been having the students fill in the blank to the statement "Music makes me **_______**!" Some of the students have put a lot of thought and attention into this statement! My personal favorite is a student that said Music makes them a better student!

Together the band director and myself have had the kids create cards with their fill in the blank items and created a bulletin board that is at the center of our school so every day the whole school passes by and can think to themselves, "Music makes me **_______**!"

Our goal is to have the entire board filled with different student's ideas by the end of March!






No comments:

Post a Comment